1. Start by actually writing poems. Find that you’re sneaking in writing time wherever you can get it to fit.
2. Realize you have a book inside you.
3. Get really excited you have a book inside you.
4. Apply for artist residencies so that you can have the uninterrupted time and space you need to get that book out.
5. Get accepted to said residencies (if you’re lucky).
6. Realize you need money to help fund residencies.
7. Get nervous. Consider not going to residencies if you can’t afford it. 🙁
8. Tell friends why you’re nervous. Listen as they encourage you to ask for money. Furrow brow. Frown. Smirk. Make awkward face.
9. Fret for a few months about the prospects of asking for money.
10. Realize this project means more to you than any other before. ASK FOR THE DAMN MONEY.
P.S. Thanks in advance. 🙂